StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up
13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62167
Ignore 13th_floor
5/5/2008 2:29:23 PM

forgot to mention, MESA has ADR(30) of 17.65% which made an even better watch.
That is HUGE 30 day range!

miketranz
956 posts
msg #62169
Ignore miketranz
modified
5/5/2008 3:12:07 PM

Anyone have a filter for catching the MESA trade as it just starts breaking out over .60,so you can sell it off when it trades over 1.00 ??? Thats the filter that will make you money on the long side.Mike......

slotmarket
59 posts
msg #62180
Ignore slotmarket
5/5/2008 6:57:48 PM

miketranz,
Would you believe yes and this filter produced MESA as a short for today?
It's stockmonster's Crash filter which is the inverse of his Rocket filter.
The code is on his blog and mine also.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #62186
Ignore SFMc01
5/5/2008 9:06:31 PM

13th_floor; Would you please email me so I could follow up on your response? Thanks. ... Steve " SFMc01@aol.com"

miketranz
956 posts
msg #62197
Ignore miketranz
5/5/2008 11:52:47 PM

Slotmarket,can you post it on here in clickable form.I really appreciate it.Mike.....

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #62208
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/6/2008 9:53:03 AM

You won't let anyone learn will you? do a google search for superior average day range? I don't mind you not explaining but to intimidate others to not answer a question is'nt very ETHICAL! Is it?

======================================================

Klynn, how about started your own thread where you can ask any question you want?

If you don't know how to start a thread, I'll be happy to start one for you.

slotmarket
59 posts
msg #62233
Ignore slotmarket
5/6/2008 1:58:25 PM

Ask and you shall receive, enjoy.

Fetcher[
show stocks where count(RSI(2) 2 day ago below 10,60) is above 0
and RSI(2) is above 90
and average volume(10) above 250000
and close one day ago more than 10% above close 2 day ago
and close more then 5% above close 1 day ago
and 60 day slope of close is below 0
and close above 0.99
and market is not OTCBB
]

As far as deciding when to enter the trade, I found that as soon as it goes red is a nice and simple strategy (ala Muddy). I call it the Dummy entry because it requires no other decisions to be made and it has served this dumb trader well. Yesterday, MESA was picture perfect, once it dropped below previous day's close it never looked back and stayed red to the end.

When to exit the trade? Maybe the more experienced traders can share their exit strategies to educate dummy traders like me.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #62239
Ignore miketranz
5/6/2008 3:25:03 PM

Thanks.Mike....

chip
67 posts
msg #62278
Ignore chip
modified
5/7/2008 1:24:43 PM

I think this has been a great thread and I've learned plenty from it.

The thing that gives me, personally, the biggest problem is that I can't tell when I was wrong. I have yet to determine what a reasonable stoploss is. Going in without a stoploss sometimes gets me into enough trouble that it's hard to trade my way back out.

Any of you SPF traders (or similar) have any thoughts on that? I made some $s on SPF earlier this morning, but then a guy I know wanted to make some more later in the morning.

For instance, say this guy bought SPF today at 4.45, right where it was showing all kinds of support. He didn't get filled trying to sell at 4.57. Still holding at 4.39 after dropping to 4.34. This friend asks me what he should do -- well I have no idea!

I can pick the entries fairly decently, and I can take my profits with a smile on my face, but when it goes wrong -- well I can't tell when it's went wrong.

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62303
Ignore 13th_floor
5/7/2008 7:44:07 PM

Chip,
First off thanks for starting this thread,very interesting topic.
Sorry if it got off topic some,if that bothers you at all,I know it ruffled TRO's feathers but maybe he'll grow up and get over it.

Anyway I have found that using 1/2 of the stocks ADR(30) as a MENTAL stop ( don't like to show the MM's where my stop is ) works really well.
Say the stocks ADR(30) is 8%, I will place my mental at 4% right after purchase.
You gotta give, especially the more volatile ones, wiggle room in this market environment
If the stock moves up I trail it up with that same % to protect profit.

One note, I NEVER put the mental at an even number or half dollar like $4 or $4.50.
I move it down to say 3.97 or 4.47.
Especially on higher volume stocks their are TOO MANY stops from inexperienced traders that will trip you out right on those dead even numbers, then you watch it bounce,often very good from those numbers.

One other to note,ala Muddy,a cross of those even numbers on momo with volume spike(s) often can capture you some nice quick gains.

Good luck and thanks again
13th

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.