StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just For Fun .. Name Your "Best Stocks to Short"<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 >>Post Follow-up
Cacher
121 posts
msg #80079
Ignore Cacher
9/25/2009 1:02:37 PM

EMGE down 35% today ... great calls 13th !!!

Cacher
121 posts
msg #80100
Ignore Cacher
9/25/2009 4:38:36 PM

interesting how the picks turned out ....

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #80112
Ignore 13th_floor
9/25/2009 9:17:59 PM

thanks Cacher.

Was that a wicked green to red drop on EMGE or what!!

All the way down to 1.90

QTWW surprised me as it held well after going green to red...watch though,next week it will be it will be deep red,imo

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #80113
Ignore 13th_floor
9/25/2009 9:20:44 PM

RIMM 500 shares short at 70.90

$2 a share so far,see you at 60 at least imo

Cacher
121 posts
msg #80119
Ignore Cacher
9/25/2009 11:33:41 PM

13th you have some great timing on those trades.

Green on the screen ... what are you using as the indicator to make it go green ...or red? My entries have been good ... but my exit stratedgy sucks ... I am usually happy to get 10% on a 5 day hold ... only to see another couple of days would have brought in 20 - 30 % ... oh well can't complain. Would like to hear whats behind you "green/red" indicators.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #80165
Ignore karennma
modified
9/27/2009 4:02:33 PM

RIMM's already down 21%.
GOOG, BIDU, AMZN, AAPL ... already off their highs.
Ideally, the best short would be a stock that hasn't dropped YET.
I'm thinking ...
ISRG
NKE
PKX

;>)

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #80167
Ignore johnpaulca
9/27/2009 4:31:11 PM

Karen...are you thinking of shorting into strength??? just give me your money, I will give it to charity...really (:

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #80175
Ignore karennma
modified
9/27/2009 6:55:18 PM

Strength? What strength?
Economically, this country is in the toilet.
I don't have a TV, so I don't know what LIES the MSM are telling people, but the Real Estate market has NOT recovered.
UNemployment is still at record levels and retail sales are still down. (BTW, if retail sales were up, then why is Macy's filing for BK?)
WHY has the market gone STRAIGHT UP since March?????
Clearly, the TARP bailout funds were used for no other purpose than to keep the markets propped up.
This "bull"($#*+) run is being SUBSIDIZED and underwritten by the U.S. gov't and Goldman Sachs.
AND, ... the US gov't, in collusion with the Federal Reserve, is intentionally printing money to keep the US dollar DOWN, forcing the stock market to keep going up.
It's pure manipulation. It's manufactured "liquidity", creating the facade of an economic "recovery".
Okay! Kudos to all those who put rationality aside for the sake of just making money REGARDLESS of the circumstances.
GREAT! Screw the economy!!
But for crissakes! Can't they make this "look" like a real bull market, and have a correction?
How about a little pullback, just for reality's sake?
I mean a real pullback, ... more than TWO DAYS!
Frankly, I'm SICK of these manipulative #$&*# @*(#$( KRS!!
I mean really!
What kind of "bull" market is this?
Based on what????
Certainly not economic principles!!
The gov't's just creating another BUBBLE, and I can't wait for it to POP in their manipulative, #$&(#g phony faces!!
I just want to be SHORT at the right time.

Strength?
What strength?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #80176
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/27/2009 7:04:30 PM

Don't sugar coat it - tell us what you really think!

I actually agree with you on most of these points, and it is exactly for that reason that I am staying long for now.

Sorry.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #80180
Ignore karennma
modified
9/27/2009 7:59:05 PM

We DON'T need to agree. I'm just expressing an "opinion" ...
and anyone who reads my messages on this board KNOWS .. I'm WRONG .. frequently.
I lose money ... frequently.
In fact, I'm sure, for the sake of politeness, many of the kind gentlemen on this board have refrained from calling me J#$K#*A#$ .. frequently.
LOL!
I could be wrong this time too.
If I were right "most" of the time, I wouldn't be here ... 'cause I'd be rich, and sailing on a yacht somewhere.
Good luck to everyone ... long or short.
Whatever direction you play, I hope WE ALL make money!!
$$$$
;>)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just For Fun .. Name Your "Best Stocks to Short"<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.