StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MY Indicator can beat up YOUR Indicator !!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #66208
Ignore alf44
modified
8/14/2008 11:10:26 PM

...and another thing...

...this whole concept of 2 period oscillators has been around for a 100 years !!!

This is NOT anything NEW !!!

Floor traders were calculating a 2 period ROC...BY HAND MIND YOU...when Jesse Livermore was in knickers !!!

So STFU with this "MY this or MY that" crap !!!

It only makes you look like a fool to those of us who have been doing this a bit longer than it takes to read a book or two and declare yourself a "tecnichian" !!! LOL

Regards,

alf44

dforant1
76 posts
msg #66241
Ignore dforant1
8/15/2008 7:29:19 PM

Well there are always new traders myself included and I appreciate the fact that even old history stuff is re=approached.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66247
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/15/2008 9:11:37 PM

Alf... is your indicator beating up Rigg's indicator? LOL!!!

StJoe
91 posts
msg #66252
Ignore StJoe
8/15/2008 9:58:06 PM

THO, where do I go to understand what a filter is and how to use one?

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #66253
Ignore alf44
modified
8/15/2008 10:20:39 PM

...TRO...you know better than most...

..."indicators"...indicate !!!

By definition...that's what they do !!!

Now...what exactly do they indicate ???

Well...while it may be obvious to you and me (and others)...some here don't seem to grasp the simple fact that...indicators indicate "price action" !!!

DUH !!!

And while that simple reality is glaringly obvious to many of us ...there appears to be a "cult" here at SF that has been hypnotized into thinking that ... "indicators actually LEAD price action" !!!

They MUST believe that...else...

...WHY would there be such bluster...such trash talkin'...such uninformed, misguided "MY Indicator can beat up YOUR Indicator" juvenile spew !!!

UHHHHH...

...when "MY" indicator wiggles THIS WAY...and "MY OTHER" indicator wiggles THAT WAY...OH ...but ONLY IF... "MY OTHER OTHER" indicator wiggles the OTHER WAY...well then...that is a magical hologram thingie that will MAKE YOU RICH !!!

There truly IS...A FOOL BORN EVERY MINUTE ... sigh !!!

------------------------

There is an old Warren Buffet saying about "business" that I think is apropos...allow me to paraphrase it...and apply it to the "technical indicator world"...

"In the world of ...'technical indicators' ... the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield !"

'Nufsed !!!

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #66255
Ignore alf44
8/15/2008 10:50:05 PM

...with all due respect...dforant1...

...you completely missed the point on OBV !!!

Go back and re-read the comments...then if you still don't understand...I'll be glad to 'splain'em to ya !!!

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #66273
Ignore alf44
8/16/2008 12:29:53 PM

...a textbook case of narcissism...played out before us daily...right here in these Forums !

nar·cis·sism

1. Inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity, admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.

2. Excessive love or admiration of oneself

3. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ah hem...as I said...textbook case !!!

Regards,

alf44

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #66279
Ignore guru_trader
8/16/2008 3:26:17 PM

@Luc:

STOP messing with your computer clock, you're screwing around with the markets and it's just not fair to the rest of us!

===============================================

But Alf, I speed up my computer clock to see what the market will do, then back it off to make the trade.......

.........My clock is better than yours!!!!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #66301
Ignore luc1grunt
8/17/2008 7:16:00 AM

There are some real nuggets of wisdom and experience in this thread!!!!!

And those nuggets were posted with selfless humility.

Nice job folks.

:)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66315
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/17/2008 11:50:42 AM

Yes, it is funny because Riggs uses my work all the time. You can see it in the filters he posts. Riggs claims to "fix" my broken filters because he tweaked this or that, changed rsi(2) to cci(x) or whatever. But nothing Riggs says, does, thinks or believe will have any affect on my trades or portfolio so I really don't care.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MY Indicator can beat up YOUR Indicator !!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.