StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #86999
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/25/2010 4:29:49 PM

This method was designed for and implemented on TradeStation years ago.

No, I do NOT post automated code.

The method pushed TradeStation to it's limits. It was too fast for Trade Manager to keep up with it. I had to write my own trade management code.

I also uncovered a nasty little detail about TradeStation's data.... it is a consolidated data flow... Form T trades came through and screwed up the daily open. But Radar Screen quote fields had the correct open price. I had to write a routine to retrieve that number, too. That gave access to quote fields in Strategy's and indicators in a later version thanks to my embarrasing posts showing their numbers were wrong.

I probably have forgotten some of the other nasty things TradeStation/EasyLanguage did that I had to over come.

But when I finally got it working, I remember AutoAvery making $500 in about 3 seconds one morning. It happening so fast, I thought somethng went wrong...LOL!

mesayah
658 posts
msg #87009
Ignore mesayah
modified
1/25/2010 7:54:28 PM

So i guess what you are saying is TS can handle trading this method. How about the fills? Good or bad?

shovel52
18 posts
msg #87082
Ignore shovel52
1/26/2010 6:55:30 PM

Any idea how to code your trend indicator into an ELS. so I can use it in ts 2000i?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #87097
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/27/2010 8:04:14 AM

No problem with fills.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #87098
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/27/2010 8:04:52 AM

shovel52

Any idea how to code your trend indicator into an ELS. so I can use it in ts 2000i?

===========================================================

Isn't the source compatible?

mesayah
658 posts
msg #87124
Ignore mesayah
1/27/2010 11:01:00 AM

FAS-FAZ would have chopped you up like minced meat with 8 crossovers. Enjoy!!

stratiG
147 posts
msg #87130
Ignore stratiG
modified
1/27/2010 11:28:41 AM

I don't trade FAS on the open, but I don't see how you would of got chopped up today.
Please explain how you would of traded FAS this morning?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

mesayah
658 posts
msg #87134
Ignore mesayah
1/27/2010 12:26:35 PM

were there not numerous crosses of the triggers today?

stratiG
147 posts
msg #87137
Ignore stratiG
modified
1/27/2010 12:53:15 PM

There are numerous crosses, but not supported by the statistics. I'm just trying to help you understand what the statistics are tell you. I only see 3 trades that are supported by the stats. You can continue to trade, but those trades are not supported.

If you like to wait for the .50 cent cross.
What I see, but not how I would trade it

Bar1) enter short take .40-.80 cents
Bar4) enter long get stopped out
Bar6) enter long take .40-.80 cents

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how i interpret the stats. thanks.

mdl060374
94 posts
msg #87139
Ignore mdl060374
1/27/2010 12:58:57 PM

" also uncovered a nasty little detail about TradeStation's data.... it is a consolidated data flow... Form T trades came through and screwed up the daily open. But Radar Screen quote fields had the correct open price. I had to write a routine to retrieve that number, too. That gave access to quote fields in Strategy's and indicators in a later version thanks to my embarrasing posts showing their numbers were wrong"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRO, can you elaborate on this? What is :consolidated data flow?"

I had a problem with running statistics based off the opening print, b/c they were innacurate. But the innacuracy was based off of erroneous odd lots going off (creating the opening print in TS'e eyes) right around the open....

ie. the stock was tradeable .40 away from where it supposedly opened.

Is this what you are refering to?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.