StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Poll: favorite brokerage<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
duke56468
683 posts
msg #113656
Ignore duke56468
5/23/2013 10:34:12 PM

What is your favorite brokerage and platform. I have used fidelity ($7.95) for years, but am very frustrated with their new platform ATP 9.8. I cant print the multi-trade confirmation like I used to on the old platform. I'm looking for a change.

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #113691
Ignore novacane32000
5/25/2013 11:40:05 AM

I have accts with Fidelity (great for fundamentals) TDAmeritrade (easiest to use) and recently Interactive Brokers which is unbeatable if you are a frequent trader with the absurdly low commision cost. I will save at least $2k this year using IB.

wkloss
231 posts
msg #113692
Ignore wkloss
5/25/2013 11:54:13 AM

If you use margin, take a look at IB.

I have no idea how user friendly they are but it looks complicated.

drew9
171 posts
msg #113710
Ignore drew9
5/25/2013 10:39:04 PM

I have used Interactive Brokers for about 3 years. I switched because they offer the ability to trade multiple accounts (up to 10) under one log-in. It is called their Advisor Account. I trade my cash, IRA's and a few other accounts. I switched from E*Trade and did not dislike them but hated logging into each account to make trades and paying higher commissions to make smaller trades in each account. With IB it does not matter how many accounts the shares go into, the price is just based on number of shares. Price is .005 per share. I have found they are very inexpensive especially for lower share quantity trades and for options. Executions are unbelievable as I am often executed at better prices if I have to use a Market Order. The interface is completely customizable and it can take some time to get it to your liking. Once done though it is great. One other item that is awesome is for taxes you download the tax form and it is complete with all your trades and profit / loss. This used to take me hours to do this manually with E*Trade. My only negative I can think of is that for large trade sizes it can actually cost more in commissions than some others but I find the other benefits certainly offset it.

Marco Sicily
20 posts
msg #113717
Ignore Marco Sicily
5/26/2013 12:01:35 PM

I used Fidelity for years and was generally happy but became disgusted at their lack of available Stocks and ETF's to short. I also felt that their Active Trader Pro platform was lacking. I Switched 3 years ago to Tradestation. Tradestation has all the bells and whistles for those of you who would like to automate their trading. Tradestation's Radarscreen is outstanding to combine a watchlist with as many indicators as you would like, all on one screen in real time. Trades are either $7 or $1 per 100 shares ( Your Choice). Service is outstanding and you can trade Equities,Futures,Options and Forex all on the same platform.

What I found is that there is no real reason for a dedicated technical trader to limit themselves to a less robust trading platform when Tradstation is so reasonably priced. Fidelity, Schwab, Scottrade, etc. all have much less sophisticated trading tools for a higher cost. The one caveat to all this is that the other brokers offer certain FREE ETF trades that can be attractive depending on your strategy.

duke56468
683 posts
msg #113724
Ignore duke56468
5/27/2013 8:43:23 AM

Thanks for all the input. What about security, fidelity claims to have a guarantee against loss due to unauthorized use in the account?

Tearhill
4 posts
msg #113725
Ignore Tearhill
5/27/2013 1:33:12 PM

I use TDAmeritrade and am happy with them. The Think or Swim platform is simply outstanding. If you chose another broker, it is worth getting a paper account just to have access to the Think or Swim platform. Once you use it you will absolutely love it.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #113731
Ignore miketranz
5/27/2013 9:11:41 PM

Fidelity,outstanding customer service,fast execution,reputable,fairly priced,you get what you pay for...

duke56468
683 posts
msg #113733
Ignore duke56468
5/28/2013 8:10:31 AM

miketranz
612 posts
msg #113731
- Ignore miketranz 5/27/2013 9:11:41 PM

Fidelity,outstanding customer service,fast execution,reputable,fairly priced,you get what you pay for...
===========================================================================
Mike, are you using the new version of Active Trader Pro? My biggest complaint with Fidelity is the new version (9.8) of ATP. There is no print button for multi-trade order confirmation, I like to have a hard copy of all my trades. What is that about? After spending much time on the phone and text message, I got no satisfactory answer.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #113745
Ignore miketranz
5/28/2013 12:49:59 PM

Duke,I'm still on the old version.Did you speak to anyone at web support? They are usually very helpful.I find that for tech issues,they are the ones you should talk to.The trading desk,strictly for trades.Mike...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Poll: favorite brokerage<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.