StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Rounded bottom<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
roycentanni
4 posts
msg #48393
Ignore roycentanni
12/5/2006 11:52:38 AM

Fetcher rocks! The Fast Money guys talk about a rounded bottom. I have attempted to write a filter that will indentify such a trend but so far have not found a reasonable combination of criteria that will identify it. Suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

traderblues
195 posts
msg #48394
Ignore traderblues
12/5/2006 12:53:45 PM

Rounded bottoms tend to catch my attention, too. Are you sure they're talking about stocks? :^)

roycentanni
4 posts
msg #48396
Ignore roycentanni
12/5/2006 1:36:44 PM

Well, Eric Bolling, aka the Admiral, mentions them on a fairly regular basis and of course it gets a chuckle. I also want to correct myself and say Fast Money with Dylan Ratigan to keep things legit. An example is dlia in the 8/1 time frame. AL recently had a similar trend around the end of September and has responded with good returns in a short period of time. The price/ma(10) cross typically works although it requires a significant amount of visual scanning to find reasonable prospects. The 'smooth' transition upward tends to have better upside when the 'rounded bottom' is formed. It's similar to the 'cup' that William O'Neil advocates without a handle. I tried using slope to find the decline and then the flattening effect that follows but frankly had little success. I am sure there is a way to screen for this type of pattern and look forward to your reply.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48398
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/5/2006 2:48:35 PM

I wrote one... I think it is called THE BOWL FILTER or something like that. Got the method from a magazine.

roycentanni
4 posts
msg #48400
Ignore roycentanni
12/5/2006 3:28:03 PM

Thanks

deodevelop
9 posts
msg #48404
Ignore deodevelop
12/5/2006 7:33:12 PM

roycentanni,
Any luck finding that BOWL FILTER TRO mentioned? I've tried every search I can think of but not finding anything at all.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48406
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/5/2006 8:12:43 PM

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1002&tid=43535

There you go.

deodevelop
9 posts
msg #48426
Ignore deodevelop
12/6/2006 5:22:21 PM

Thanks TRO - you da man - really appreciate all the help you extend to those of us doing the learning. Sure is a breath of fresh air. Thanks again:)

as214
184 posts
msg #48428
Ignore as214
12/6/2006 6:52:28 PM

That's right. Embrace men like TRO and Riggs and others who help people out. THey are the last of the mohicans as far as what goes on in this world. They are also very smart as well in the sense that you learn the most when you teach others. You are forced to learn the material to a greater extent. So by helping others they are helping themselves as well. I wish I had their' following here I have been trying to help people out with my value selections that have garnered enormous gains, but no one seems to be listening LOL :)

traderblues
195 posts
msg #48429
Ignore traderblues
12/6/2006 7:43:23 PM

We all have the capacity and the longing to help other people. Just let your guard down a little bit, and you will see.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Rounded bottom<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.