StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Rounded bottom<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
roycentanni
4 posts
msg #48431
Ignore roycentanni
12/6/2006 9:58:50 PM

Thanks again;)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48439
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/7/2006 1:26:13 PM

as214...

Not everyone is vocal.

Just keep doing what you are doing and let the chips fall where they may.

Thank you for your contributions.

peacock
16 posts
msg #48448
Ignore peacock
12/7/2006 6:44:22 PM

So far, I have traded stocks recommended by the market guru including Motley Fool, Gorilla Trade, IBD and Vector Vest. The results overall have been less than stellar. There is a set of trading rules from MetaTrade that have been helpful but for me its best to keep the process straight forward and simple.

I have had success trading what we call 'clock stocks.' These are stocks that have dropped in price and are on their way up. Generally, these stocks have RSIs, Full Stochastics and MACDs below 25. The premise here is that the bad news is out of the stock and management is taking action to improve the bottom line even if its rounded.

In studying these stocks, the infamous 'rounded bottom' seemed to provide the best returns over several months. The other issue is that not all 'round bottoms' reach the previously mentioned criteria indicating that a more comprehensive method is needed to screen for this pattern. Also, when the 'Fast Money' guys mentioned the 'rounded bottom' thing several times, it added credence to the method which has significantly outpaced the market.

By the way, it also pays to apply fundamentals before buying any stock. This is especially true when dealing with 'clock stocks.' So the buy low sell high rule might better be said as buy low, buy value then sell high. This usually keeps me on the plus side.

Your recommendations and methods have been very helpful and given time, I will try some of the suggestions. If several of you are interested, we can track the different methods to see how they work over time. And TRO, I like the recommendation of trading just one stock for a month before jumping in and trading. Thanks again.

oldfox
16 posts
msg #48454
Ignore oldfox
12/8/2006 4:09:35 AM

Let your guard down to ASK a question and you might have your face slapped by RIGGS. To wit:

11/22/2006 1:08:26 AM

Dear Sir,

If you NEED to ask....then it's probably not for you. And if you are having problems "reading this"....then most likely you are way in over your head here to begin with....because this filter is rather elementary when it comes to others around these here parts.

- RIGGS

Evidently, Riggs popped from his mother's womb with all the knowledge and information that he will ever need. I am not so fortunate. I learn things by asking questions and if I were not able to ask questions I would appraoch no new paths of learning.

According to you I can save $8.95 a month. Thanks for nothing, big shot.

peacock
16 posts
msg #48456
Ignore peacock
12/8/2006 8:27:07 AM

Oh, oldfox of eternal wisdom, please impart your experience and knowledge upon this meer mortal.

heypa
283 posts
msg #48466
Ignore heypa
modified
12/8/2006 12:15:04 PM

as214 Reference your post 12,6,06.
Ever since the general tone of the group shifted toward emphasis of trading short term and rapidly rolling profits to get the advantages of compounding profits holding long term has lost its allure.I don't know which is best,but I do know and ascribe to "different strokes for different folks". Each of us must find his or her own way and strive to perfect it. Just copying anothers method or approach is folly and trying to convert others to your approach is mostly futile.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48468
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/8/2006 1:14:58 PM

Heypa:

"Just copying anothers method or approach is folly and trying to convert others to your approach is mostly futile."

I don't agree with the "copying" part of your post but FULLY AGREE with the "convert others" part.

To me, copying success is a smart way to learn. I learned (copied) RSI(2) < 1 and Linear Regression from HolyGrail. I learned (copied) WAIT FOR GREEN from Muddy. Others are learning (copying) my idea of WHO'S IN CONTROL BUYERS OR SELLERS from me.

But trying to convert someone is futile... leave that to the religious zealots.

as214
184 posts
msg #48471
Ignore as214
12/8/2006 1:53:49 PM

You're right you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. All I can do is keep posting my real time buys and keep making money.

heypa
283 posts
msg #48472
Ignore heypa
12/8/2006 2:12:19 PM

TRO I think you verified my statement. YOU PICKED AND CHOSE PARTS OF OTHERS METHODS THAT FIT THE WAY YOU WERE MOST COMFORTABLE WITH. Pardon the caps--unintended. You then, over time, developed your method which I'm sure you will continue to refine to adapt to future market changes.No one should consider completely following anothers method without seriously considering whether it fits their basic make up. BY the way I greatly admire your exceptional analysis and filter writing abilites. You must be in the top 1%. Please keep sharing.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48474
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/8/2006 3:01:25 PM

"You can lead a person to knowledge but you can't make them think"

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Rounded bottom<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.