StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SWING TRADING<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #57703
Ignore alf44
modified
12/6/2007 1:39:10 PM

"fishy" ???

Feel free to elaborate...or NOT...who cares !

-------------------------------------------------------------

As for your...ah hem... "response"...with all due respect...sounds like jibberish, doubletalk and backtracking to me !

Whatever...GLTY !

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57705
Ignore nikoschopen
12/6/2007 1:57:24 PM

I wish you ppl would just post ure damn trades in real time instead of dragging on with this unnecessary, if not useless, squabble. What better way is there to get ure point across loud and clear to those who disagree with you? If ure method, or whatever you wish to call, is indeed valid as you claim then it should fatten ure wallet by the end of the day, no?

Cheers!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #57716
Ignore alf44
modified
12/6/2007 9:27:53 PM

Pipe down, niko !

As I peruse the earliest beginnings of this thread I see that YOU...YOU my friend... were knee deep in starting this whole "squabble" in the first place !

LOL

Regards,

alf44

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #57718
Ignore luc1grunt
12/6/2007 9:32:39 PM

can't we all get along?

............pardon me, moving right along.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #57721
Ignore alf44
12/6/2007 9:53:54 PM

It's all good luc...move along...nothing to see here !!!

Just some healthy debate !

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57723
Ignore nikoschopen
12/6/2007 10:46:59 PM

As I peruse the earliest beginnings of this thread I see that YOU...YOU my friend... were knee deep in starting this whole "squabble" in the first place !

Really? Hmm...sounds like it might require another round of healthy debate.

At any rate, I find it ironic that our insignificant other creates a separate thread to post his trades in real time, or so I thought, for the purpose of illustrating how he trades this whole "open" biz but only people who actually bother posting are me and a few others. I have given him the benefit of doubt to show how his system works in the actual market but so far he's been doing nothing but dragging his damn feet. What gives?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #57730
Ignore luc1grunt
12/7/2007 6:57:22 AM

I think the point is proven that we all gather and process info each day in a quest better ourselves. ...a sign of intelligent life.

I would bet that most traders on this site are not neccesarily "noobs" when it comes to trading, but curiousity prompts questions about new techniques because that is part of the quest. Sucessful people continually learn.

"The best system" is far from quantifiable in most equations because traders are the "dynamic".

If questions arise about techniques that are presented, why not spend the time explaining it as opposed to condescending and falling behind a wall of "you should know better if you are a trader", or "all other systems are foolhardy".

Just because a person is successful with a system does not mean they should stop entertaining new thoughts and ideas. The thought that they are looking for a "holy grail" is pure arogance.

Not every question is from a "noob" chasing the latest system, "guru", or filter. Not every question is implying that a given technique is "wrong".

Humility goes a long way.

If "it's not what you trade, but how you trade it" is true, then why is it assumed that one system is the only system?

Maybe some folks need a litle more help to "see it".

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #57750
Ignore alf44
modified
12/7/2007 10:04:45 PM

YADA YADA YADA !!!

I just want...NO...NO...I demand to know...why "curmudgeon" says I'm "fishy" !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

But...seriously...nice post, luc !

Regards,

alf44

PS. And as for YOU curmudgeon...I'll make you THINK "fishy" !!! LOL

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #58023
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/12/2007 5:14:59 PM

"If "it's not what you trade, but how you trade it" is true, then why is it assumed that one system is the only system? "

Who made that assumption?

Each trader must find what works for them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A martial arts student approached his teacher with a question. "I'd like to improve my knowledge of the martial arts. In addition to learning from you, I'd like to study with another teacher in order to learn another style. What do you think of this idea?"

"The hunter who chases two rabbits," answered the master, "catches neither one."

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #58030
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
12/12/2007 6:48:13 PM

With all due respect TRO, that makes no sense.

The student who studies other teachers' techniques will end up on TV in the octagon fighting others who "specialize" in Mixed Martial Arts.

And I know a hunter who came back with two rabbits once.

I leave you with an old quote found scrawled on an ancient Grecian book of learning that sums much of this debate in four words:

"hahahaha" -unknown

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SWING TRADING<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.