StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TREND EXHAUSTION = STRONG CHANCE OF REVERSAL<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
BlackBars
54 posts
msg #141139
Ignore BlackBars
1/18/2018 3:27:56 PM

With a strong ability to predict reversals, I'd like to present the exhaustion indicator 3000!! It's a work in progress but I need it converted into SF format so I could improve and enhance it here for everybody to use. I hope you find this impressive when applied to a random stock like ATVI:

https://prnt.sc/i2cdkd

Dots are the major swings and hollow circles are the minor swings.

Red means the trend is either reversing to the downside, or there is a pause in the uptrend.

Green means the trend is either reversing to the upside or there is a pause in the downtrend.
----------
This is in PINESCRIPT code and I am no expert at converting pine to SF code.
However if this can be converted into SF format, I PLEDGE TO EASILY TRANSFORM IT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST USEFUL PUBLIC FILTERS ON THIS WEBSITE.

You can apply the code to tradingview's pinescript feature but my intention with SF is to make a scanner for it's signals, which tradingview does not provide as well as add my own custom fib and S/R presets.

Here's the code;

//@version=2
study('Trend Exhaustion v1',overlay=true)
Maj1=input(6),Maj2=input(30)
Min1=input(5),Min2=input(5)
Maj3=input(true,title="Major Exhaustion")
Min3=input(true,title="Minor Exhaustion")

Var1(Var2,Var3)=>
Maj4=nz(Maj4[1],0)
Min4=nz(Min4[1],0)
Var4=0
if (close>close[4])
Maj4:=Maj4 + 1
if (close Min4:=Min4 + 1
if (Maj4>Var2) and (close=highest(high,Var3)
Maj4:=0
Var4:=-1
if ((Min4>Var2) and (close>open) and (low<= lowest(low,Var3)))
Min4:=0
Var4:=1
Var5=Var4

Maj5=Var1(Maj1,Maj2)
Min5=Var1(Min1,Min2)

//Major Buy & Major Sell
plotchar(Maj3 ? (Maj5==-1?high:na) : na, char='•',location=location.absolute,color=red,transp=0,size=size.normal)
plotchar(Maj3 ? (Maj5==1?low:na) : na , char='•',location=location.absolute,color=lime,transp=0,size=size.normal)

//Minor Buy & Minor Sell
plotchar(Min3 ? (Min5==-1?high:na) : na, char='○',location=location.absolute,color=red,transp=0,size=size.normal)
plotchar(Min3 ? (Min5==1?low:na) : na , char='○',location=location.absolute,color=lime,transp=0,size=size.normal)

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #141147
Ignore novacane32000
1/18/2018 5:04:38 PM

Great results on ATVI !

BlackBars
54 posts
msg #141149
Ignore BlackBars
1/18/2018 5:42:55 PM

Yeah and I need it turned into a filter now.

novacane32000
331 posts
msg #141195
Ignore novacane32000
1/20/2018 1:32:33 PM

Davesaint,Mac,Four...can someone help here...

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #141199
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
1/20/2018 4:06:01 PM

This might give you some ideas.
Submit
Fetcher[ apply to symlist(atvi)
set{E3,dma(8,-5),8)-cma(DMA(8,-5),8) }
set{Longposition, count(E3 > 0,1)}
set{Shortposition, count(E3 < 0,1)}
SET{TRIGGER,0}
draw Longposition on plot
draw Shortposition on plot
draw dma(8,-5),8)
draw cma(DMA(8,-5),8)

Draw ema(50)

]

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #141201
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
1/20/2018 4:24:23 PM

Here's just a quick plain filter. I've narrowed it down to pick up ATVI. One can find ATVI in the filter and seeing if dma(8,-5),8) cross cma(DMA(8,-5),8) would be a good trigger of what your looking for.

Submit
Submit
Fetcher[
Volume is above 300000
Market is not OTCBB
Market is not etf
Price is above 1
price is below 100
add column Average Day Range(30)
and Average Day Range(30) is above 1.00
do not draw Average Day Range(30)

set{E3,dma(8,-5),8)-cma(DMA(8,-5),8) }
set{Longposition, count(E3 > 0,1)}
set{Shortposition, count(E3 < 0,1)}
SET{TRIGGER,0}
draw Longposition on plot
draw Shortposition on plot
add column Longposition
add column Shortposition

draw dma(8,-5),8)
draw cma(DMA(8,-5),8)

Draw ema(50)

]

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #141205
Ignore davesaint86
1/20/2018 6:01:48 PM

Black Bears - Here is a message from Kevin - Your pinescript code was partially lost in his post (specifically around line 9). This happens when one uses "<" or ">" as they are HTML code descriptors. There is no way to really see what your are trying to do. A description of the strategy would also help.

dustinb
29 posts
msg #141456
Ignore dustinb
1/28/2018 3:09:39 PM

BlackBars-your "The SIMPLEST Trend Reversal Indicator" you showcased on TradingView---what does the green line and blue line represent? What indicators?

You wrote:

"My favorite trading indicator and the simplest I have seen having great accuracy with every cross

Buy: Blue line crosses above Green line
Sell: When Heikin Ashi turns red after the buy signal"

Maybe we can help if you answer that question. Thanks!

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #141458
Ignore pthomas215
modified
1/28/2018 3:36:14 PM

mac, i like it conceptually. having a hard time with the cma dma model as it relates to charting wealth. for example, KEM just had the weekly crossover, so in theory you have a buy signal. but on your chart it appears to have a cross downward happening. could it be that the trend is exhausted for a 4 hour chart but if there is a weekly crossover you will most likely have more gains in the near future? trying to cross the logic in both your model and charting wealth weekly crossover, since you can have a weekly crossover buy signal but not look so good on the cma dma model. does that makes sense?

Because MAC, i think your model catches stocks when the weekly is still down, 2 day is still down and 4 hour is coming around and about to cross over. "early stage" if you will. I worry i suppose cause of what TG sez all the time...stocks default to the weekly direction. anyways, good banter i think. let me know your thoughts.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #141462
Ignore pthomas215
1/28/2018 4:47:38 PM

Mac, i think i understand better now. my apologies for pretty much talking to myself on here. the trend can reverse in the short term--maybe on a 4 hour chart basis for a day or two--but if the weekly is up still it might only be a short term reversal....cause it will usually trend in the direction of the weekly.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TREND EXHAUSTION = STRONG CHANCE OF REVERSAL<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.