StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HEY YOU PENNY STOCK LOVERS.........<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
riggs
313 posts
msg #38626
Ignore riggs
10/31/2005 5:13:06 PM

Have I got a filter for you! I can't remember what thread I was looking at but, someone recently needed a sure fire Penny stock breakout but no one was able to help. So I decided to go to work and here it is:

Fetcher[Show stocks where close crossed above upper acceleration band(20)within the last 3 days and average volume(90)is above 50000 and draw IFT(5,9)draw ema(10)draw EMA(50)and close is below 5]

Talk about a breakout filter!

RIGGS.

dkatz
64 posts
msg #38630
Ignore dkatz
10/31/2005 8:37:37 PM

Nice! Try adding 55 day slope of EMA(55) is above 0 and 13 day slope of EMA(13) is above 0 ... thins the list to more manageable size and, I think, isolates more of the winners. Look at entry at .01 above the signal day high as well. Again, nice filter!

dkatz
64 posts
msg #38631
Ignore dkatz
10/31/2005 9:18:28 PM

Riggs -- try Acceleration Band(13) instead of 20 ... keeps getting better. Gorgeous filter -- again, nice work.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38635
Ignore riggs
11/1/2005 12:50:01 AM

dkatz -

You just made the filter UNSTOPABLE! Very nice additions man. Thank you.

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38637
Ignore futuremoney
11/1/2005 8:39:31 AM

Do I just copy and past what dkatz, had to add, to the filter to make it unstopable. Because that is what I did and got 19 matches. Hope I did this correct. Thanks guys, if this is the filter than that is the one I have been looking for.
I like the small stocks and to play options.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38645
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/1/2005 7:02:58 PM

Fetcher[
Show stocks where close crossed above upper acceleration band(13) within the last 3 days

and draw IFT(5,9)
draw ema(10)
draw EMA(50)
set{H_H1, high - high 1 day ago }
set{H_H1tr, H_H1 * count(H_H1 above 0, 1)}

set{L1_L, Low 1 day ago - low }
set{L1_Ltr, L1_L * count(L1_L above 0, 1)}

set{HiOp, high - open}
set{HiOptr, HiOp * count(HiOp above 0, 1)}

set{OpLo, open - low}
set{OpLotr, OpLo * count(OpLo above 0, 1)}

set{candletop, max(open 1 day ago, close 1 day ago)}
set{TopHi, high - candletop}
set{TopHitr, TopHi * count(TopHi above 0, 1)}

set{candlebot, min(open 1 day ago, close 1 day ago)}
set{BotLo, candlebot - low}
set{BotLotr, BotLo * count(BotLo above 0, 1)}

add column HiOptr
add column TopHitr
add column H_H1tr

add column OpLotr
add column BotLotr
add column L1_Ltr

close > 20

and avg vol(5) > 1000000
and avg vol(30) > 1000000
]

Lots of money in the breakouts!

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE

dkatz
64 posts
msg #38649
Ignore dkatz
11/1/2005 8:54:13 PM

a little more potential strategy for entry here -- wait for price to fall to EMA(5) and rest there for a day. Be ready to buy at the high of that day plus .01. If price falls through the EMA(5), wait for Fisher Transform uptick along with Upper Acceleration Band(13) downtick, buy the next day at high +.01. I'm working with TROs RSI(2) strategy now and don't have time to review a few hundred charts, but the few I did examine worked nicely. Also, unless you've got a lot of capital -- and if you do, I would suggest using TROs 20$ + price minimum -- I found the huge moves to be between .20 and 2$s per share range. Again, I haven't done the details sufficiently, but sure looks like you found a winner here Riggs. And Avery -- thanks for constructing the filter the way you did -- looks like the 50 and 10 day MAs offer good support readings as well.

dkatz
64 posts
msg #38650
Ignore dkatz
11/1/2005 8:58:27 PM

Also, Riggs, it would be MUCH(!) better to get a signal the first time the price closes above the upper acceleration line rather than "within the last three days" -- for example, WTER, stockfetcher signaled it on 3August but there's no signal for 1 Aug. Why? That would have been a nice entry point too as the price rested on EMA(5) on the 2nd and exploded upward on the 3rd. Turns out the price retreated and rested on EMA(5) again and moved back up again but I hate the thought of not getting a signal when there should have been one. Any ideas? Very interested as I think this will end up in my repertoire, so to speak, right alongside Avery's RSI(2) gem. --d

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38651
Ignore alf44
11/1/2005 9:20:36 PM

Y-a-w-n !!!

Could someone tell me if you're supposed to SHORT these...ah hem..."breakout"...filter results...or what ?

Just curious...

Regards,

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #38653
Ignore riggs
11/1/2005 9:51:49 PM

Oh brother!

Yeah Ralph,Pick out the best one's you possibly can and short them by placing a market order before the market opens tomorrow. Don't worry when these "breakouts" skyrocket to the moon, you just keep shorting them every time a moving average crosses ABOVE one another. then I'll let you know when to cover them there ole' buddy 'wink','wink'. You can always count on me Ralph....I mean alp...I mean, oh nevermind. Just keep shorting em genius! LOL....

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HEY YOU PENNY STOCK LOVERS.........<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.