StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HEY YOU PENNY STOCK LOVERS.........<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
riggs
313 posts
msg #38658
Ignore riggs
11/1/2005 10:29:49 PM

dkatz -

I thought about that very thing(1st day after crossover)but, I noticed when playing with this filter that it more times than not, wanted to retract back below the upper band. Now if it rested back on the band it was a money play for me. I kept going back 4,5,6 & even 7 days, and noticed the TRUE breakouts were taking place AFTER the 3rd day. That seemed to be where the mass mentality changed in the stocks. Take a look and tell me what YOU see. Now if you're a day trader, then yes, buy the following day and not a moment later. Thankfully my day trading days are behind me. BTW, I too like what TRO did to the filter as well. Now if we can get ALF to attent some beginner T/A classes we'll all be better off. LOL....

RIGGS

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38659
Ignore alf44
11/1/2005 10:40:35 PM

Y-a-w-n !!!

As I said earlier...

"Could someone tell me if you're supposed to SHORT these...ah hem..."breakout"...filter results...or what ?"

Too funny !

Regards,

alf44

craigk
24 posts
msg #38709
Ignore craigk
11/4/2005 8:52:50 PM

dkatz

What is TROs RSI(2) strategy? and "TROs 20$ + price minimum " any links or keywords to search for a post?

Thanks, Craig

...You said you are working with "TROs RSI(2) strategy ... I would suggest using TROs 20$ + price minimum -- I found the huge moves to be between .20 and 2$s per share range...

dkatz
64 posts
msg #38712
Ignore dkatz
11/5/2005 11:34:44 AM

Craig -- TRO = TheRumpledOne, quality source for trading insights / filters here on Stockfetcher. If you look earlier on in this thread, he produced a very detailed and effective filter for Riggs idea ... in it, he had the requiisite price as $20 or higher. You can change that if you want, simply edit the filter. But the 20$+ results are excellent if you have the capital necessary to produce sufficient return -- % rises are less, but they rise.

limestar
79 posts
msg #38717
Ignore limestar
11/6/2005 12:38:18 AM

I'm with alf...these stocks are all far too gone to make money on. You better have the general market timed right or you could lose big $ buying these long.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38718
Ignore riggs
11/6/2005 1:31:05 AM

Limestar -

Buying these long? What are you 70 years old? Nobody has bought long since 1999! Why would ANYONE buy long in such a volatile market? But I'm sure YOU own 10,000 shares of some double digit stock where you're getting a 5% yield right? Yeah, you keep going broke...I mean going long there Limestar, while everyone else around here is getting RICH!!! LOL...

PROFESSOR RIGGS ON: The Dot.com era is over people. Wake up and smell the downtrend!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38725
Ignore alf44
11/6/2005 1:03:04 PM

6 Steps to Extraordinary Wealth !

Step 1.) Run this...ah hem..."breakout" filter ! <ggg>

Step 2.) SHORT EVERY SINGLE STOCK THAT IS RETURNED WITH THIS...AH HEM..."BREAKOUT" FILTER !

Step 3.) Go fishing or something...absolutely no need to monitor these positions ! They WILL go down !

Step 4.) Buy to Cover after 3 to 5 days !

Step 5.) Go to your local bank with a wheelbarrow full of cash and a deposit slip !

Step 6.) Repeat Step 1 !!!

What could be easier ?

Regards,

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #38726
Ignore riggs
11/6/2005 1:35:12 PM

Here's a filter I've been hoarding for about 6 months now. I've been waiting for the right time to release it. So for all you "Greybeards" like Limestar, here's a long filter for ya....

Fetcher[show stocks where slow stochastics(39)fast %K reached a new 60 day low and average volume(90)is above 100000 and PE ratio is above 4 and add column PE and add column industry and draw bollinger bands(20,2.0)draw ema(3)draw ema(13)offset 10 days]

Hey Limestar, I'm sure those returns are more to your liking huh? No? Then go back into Mutual funds where there's lots of soft "Long" cushy pillows for ya!

RIGGS

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38729
Ignore alf44
11/6/2005 3:47:35 PM

WOW !!!

An Oversold Stochastic filter !

What an original idea !

I'm sure I speak for everyone in the SF community when I say thankyou for sharing ! It's really too bad that you've been "hoarding" it for all this time !

Maybe you should start a whole new thread devoted to this original filter !

Maybe you should even use REALLY BIG CAPITAL LETTERS in the thread title so everyone will be sure not to miss it !

Also, very clever the way you selectively chose a 10 day offset. A period where ALL the Major Markets have bounced after an almost 3 Month slide. Actually, "clever" is prolly not the correct characterization.

Try a 30 day offset...try a 40 day offset...howz it look now ? Huh ???

It's easy to cherry pick certain stretches where a filter based on a particular simple oscillator approach looks good. Anyone who has spent any time at all here has been down that rabbit trail time and time again. That you would do this intentionally...is not only transparent...it's laughable ! You should be ashamed !

I will say though...it's a big improvement over your so called "breakout" filter. I'm telling you...that thing should be renamed "BROKEout Filter" ! It will definitely find stocks that have already BROKEout...and are ready to pullback and therefore are excellent SHORT plays ! Hey some of the world's biggest discoveries have been made by accident.

Penicillin...

Reeses Butter Cups...

and now...the BROKEout Filter ! LOL

Regards,

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #38731
Ignore riggs
11/6/2005 5:32:38 PM

Ralph44 -

I just love you man! Don't ever change okay? Now which retarded reletive tought you how to invest? Was it your broke grandfather that didn't have enough sense to save .30 a week during the depression? Or was it your uncle that contracted Asian Orange in Viet Nam? Because anyone who makes decisions based on 30,40 or 60 day stats is simply RETARDED! You also let everyone in this forum community know that you know NOTHING about market cycles. Just because it's a filter, does not mean SMART investors like myself will jump into a stock just because a "green" number says +399% return. So you are a BLOCKHEAD for not know a good filter when it slaps you in the face! As I have said in other RECENT posts, I always WAIT until a NEW trend starts B-4 I jump in. And I NEVER hold anything longer than 3 or 4 days.

I can't begin to tell you how much $Money$ I have made with these filters I have listed. But you are a blockhead for many other reasons as well. One being that the filter in this thread is to find "Rockets" starting NEW trends. And if you had a half a brain, you too could find them like I have. That's why I made it a "3 day" after crossing above the upper acceration band and not a "1 day." But you just keep looking at those 30 and 40 day stats brother, and leave the short time $Money$ to the rest of us. Hey, stick to what you do best in the "general discussion" room. And that's copy and pasting OTHER people's work and feeding us info! Now get me my Wallstreet Journal and get back in the other room where you belong! And don't come back until you have completed THE MIGHTY RIGGS boot camp of investing!

RIGGS.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HEY YOU PENNY STOCK LOVERS.........<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.