StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I am DONE with INDICATORS !!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68225
Ignore Sqwii
10/9/2008 4:35:11 PM

I don't know why, but I have lost a LOT of money now on using technical indicators as entry and exit .....

So I want to know something...

Everyone is telling me, just look at the PRICE and VOLUME... and thats it !

Then look for supports and resistance... so I know what a support and a resistance is..

Does there find any filter which include this ? or Price and volume filter which is good ?

What about patterns ? I found some double bottom patterns are they good or any other patterns which is your favorite?

Thank you !

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68227
Ignore Sqwii
10/9/2008 4:44:44 PM

Is it possible to make a filter which finds the price very NEAR supports ?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #68231
Ignore chetron
10/9/2008 5:54:34 PM

IMHO, NO THERE ARE NO FILTERS THAT WILL FIND RESISTANCE AND SUPPORT ACCURATELY.
I FIND DRAWING THEM BY HAND IS THE ONLY WAY. FWIW

GLTY

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68232
Ignore Sqwii
10/9/2008 6:08:05 PM

But chetron..
If you look at www.finviz.com it can screen after double bottoms and supports? But I dont know if that work ???

So there is NO way to make a filter where it finds the posibil SUPPORT ? It could be excellent !

TRO help us !

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #68233
Ignore chetron
10/9/2008 6:13:59 PM

THEY ALREADY EXIST HERE. I JUST DON'T THINK THEY ARE ANY GOOD. I BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT TAKE THE HUMAN ELEMENT OUT OF THE EQUATION.

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #68235
Ignore Sqwii
10/9/2008 6:55:49 PM

But seriously ! IT should be POSSIBLE to make a filter WHICH finds the POSIBILTY SUPPORTS Historics.........! ?

So IF a stock A goes to from 5 to 10 and then goes down to 5 and up again.. it should be POSSIBLE!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68237
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/9/2008 9:19:28 PM

I don't need indicators.

Just statistics and horizontal lines.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68238
Ignore alf44
modified
10/9/2008 9:54:19 PM

...and Pepto-Bismol ... don't forget the "Pepto" !!!

So... just "Statistics"..."Horizontal Lines" ... and ... and ... Pepto-Bismol !!!

------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

alf44

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #68241
Ignore luc1grunt
10/9/2008 11:00:13 PM

Hey sqwii..........welcome to education. You have crossed your first threshold. There IS NO MAGIC FILTER.

Statistics work, gap fills work, chart patterns work, s/r works, trend following works, indicators work..........BUT, you have to experience the trades based off of your models, maintain discipline, apply money management, maintain ore discipline.

The market will be here tomorrow (well, I better be careful on that), so take the time to test a system.

Caveat........this is a VERY hard time to test a system.

BTW, my main filter is those nasdaq stocks over ATR 1% per day with volume above 2 million. Add a little RSI or williams, draw a couple s/r lines.....you'll get it.

Shit, apply some gap statistics or RFR from TRO's work and notice the glow from the lightbulb above your head!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #68245
Ignore alf44
10/9/2008 11:09:27 PM

luc...you forgot to mention...Pepto-Bismol !!!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I am DONE with INDICATORS !!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.