StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I am DONE with INDICATORS !!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68330
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/12/2008 2:23:57 PM

I already have numerous times. Search FADE THE GAP and MILK THE COWS. Also look at the NEVER LOSE AGAIN thread.

hfilty
16 posts
msg #68332
Ignore hfilty
10/12/2008 2:33:39 PM

thanks TRO

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68380
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/13/2008 3:26:04 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just trade the horizontal lines....

charltonj
4 posts
msg #68396
Ignore charltonj
10/14/2008 2:13:03 AM

Hey Sqwii,

Can't tell you how many books I've read and courses I taken over the years, but a select few stand out. Drop a few bucks and pick up Oliver Velez's swing trading text and dvd. Write a few filters to make finding the trades easier, paper it for a few months and I think you'll be pleased.

Joe

http://www.invest-store.com/cgi-bin/velezcapitalmanagement-bin/redir.cgi?moreinfo.cgi?item=5278311

here's a cheaper one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Swing-Trading-with-Oliver-Velez-Course-Book-with_W0QQitemZ150299222341QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150299222341&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #68413
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/14/2008 12:29:13 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"I DON'T NEED NO STINKING INDICATORS"

jayapaul
3 posts
msg #73373
Ignore jayapaul
4/7/2009 5:30:28 PM

You guys has to read Dr. Elder book "Trading for living". It is helping me a lot. Atleast I could now I could say I am not loosing money.

mystiq
650 posts
msg #73374
Ignore mystiq
4/7/2009 5:52:56 PM

try trade-ideas.com

mdl060374
94 posts
msg #73395
Ignore mdl060374
modified
4/8/2009 5:38:35 PM

I have tried about 100 different ideas with trade ideas, and havent found anything to be useful there, as far as support and resistance, etc...

TO answer the original poster, I think the best way is to pick 20 stocks and use a piece of software where you can manually draw trendlines, and S/R and get live alerts.. Tradestation can do this, but its pricey.

What irritates me the most is stocks on my hotlist (8% previous day gainers and select RFR) that are poised to move and simple sit there b/c the market is crud, and the next day run so fast you cant get in..

and I dont want to hear this "you gotta be quick" stuff b/c whenever I get in, early or late, THATS when they crash.. And healthy pullbacks dont exist with alot of these stocks...

I am trying to work on this part of my trading.. I feel like I have the correct stocks, but they are dead money by teh time I am watching them.

The hardest part is balancing a manageable number of stocks where you can act on them, and not getting to many where you are overwhelmed and traying to catch too many and not being left out.. this is my biggest problem... I alwasy get stuck watching the crap.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #73401
Ignore Eman93
modified
4/8/2009 8:18:08 PM

I feel your pain I dont act fast enough either, you must take every trade the system alerts to. Use small amounts and let the odds work in your favor. Look at FAS today you dont need indicators to tell you when the bottom is in, set it on a 3 or 5 min chart and look at it, when it stops making new lows thats the bottom, when it stops making new highs thats the top.

The V patterns yield high prob. bounce those should be cake trades.

TROs MTC or RFN systems work you just need to make a lot of small bets. The stop loss is built in.

You can see the stats on the MTC fade the gap use them.

You should go long on every gap down and short on every gap up....

What I have trouble with is setting up the order in time, it like chess you need to be 3 to 5 moves ahead at all times.

You see, with tradestation I would think you could scann the premaket data....you know 20 min before the open who is gapping and up or down.... you could pick 4 of the biggest gaps and play em. Have all your order set to go.

Mabye TRO will let us in on the how part..................

I am only at one move ahead at this point, some times no moves ahead........I now what I need to work on.

You need to have it all set up and hit the button at 9:30.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #73402
Ignore Eman93
4/8/2009 8:25:01 PM

Watching to many stocks problem solved........

Thats what they do in Muddys chat room you have 300 folks alerting all day long....... If I were day tradding and trying to make a living at it, I try and be apart of that crew......

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · I am DONE with INDICATORS !!<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.