StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Any swing traders here??<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 >>Post Follow-up
Quilln
116 posts
msg #111879
Ignore Quilln
2/28/2013 1:19:50 PM

Novice,

DZZ is for long term trading via the MDP.

Unless your guys are playing with some side bar action, Simon gave a buy signal yesterday for DZZ and still is climbing today.

long version....http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=DZZ&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&id=p83597962060
kwik version....http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=dzz&p=15&b=9&g=3&i=p03097103070&a=159176998&r=8510

Quilln -

Quilln
116 posts
msg #111883
Ignore Quilln
2/28/2013 3:16:58 PM

Novice,
re: Review
re: confusion

For review of what simon sez to do, go back up to page two (2) and review Simon Sez rules starting just after BOTTOM LINE ....

The KST has nothing to with the above. The KST is only for ize only or FYI (for your information) only. It is just a headsup call or underadvisement. If it is rising, smile the stock should be rising as well. If it appears to sinking and xover, buckle up for the prices to drop a little.

Now if you want to trade just by the KST all by it's self, go back up and find Priate67's screening program and look for only the stocks in teh first column with the 1's. you can either create a .csv file and then do a print out then go to the stockcharts for further review.

as for the KST trading rules, here are the rules again just incase you missed them on page 10

Here are the rules for the KST or TSI

re: Quilln 1/24/2013 12:05:18 AM | message # 11064

Pecking order of finding stocks via the KST or TSI.

The Philosophy is to make a little money on each trade and then get out.

1. Screen stocks that have a volume over 750K or more shares traded in the current day. (no execeptions)

2. Screen for all stocks from $5-$60

3. Screen for stocks greater than 2.5% change

4. Be prepared to take profits after 3%. Remember, we are Traders and not Investors.

Trading:

For kwik trading, trade 1000 shares at a time and look for $ .250 to $ .750 points. Want to get in and get out fast--in one day.
Trying to make a couple of thousand dollars a week.

Calm trading, trade 500 or 1000 or more shares at a time and look for $0.51 to $1.26. The last digit is for the commish.
Want to get in and out in an orderly fashion.

One last thougth and that is..... "Know your Exit before entering a trade !!"

Also if you want, the KST has bean written for the TOS charts and added to the studies library.

In review here is what I do every morning between 9:50am and 10:00am EST

go to my MDP favourite folder then open:

MPD - sectors folder and look for any action. If none, close the folder and move on.

MPD - pairs (2x & 3x) folder and look for any action to be had. If none, close the folder and move on.

VIX group - look for any action for the stock charts and or for the day trading via the TOS.

Notice I never mentioned anything about KST at this time.

KST trading: run the Pirate67's screening program and find any l's in the first column

we are swing trading them (1 day to 10 days). your not to look for home runs but what DEREK JETER does look of singles and doubles which equates to profits. You do not want to be a pig. Again, Investing is a business and should be treated as such.

found on the list ZNGA.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ZNGA&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&id=p08571330136 now notice there appears to be little bit of a problem because there should have been a Simon Sez sell signal. So we would then drop down to the next month.

but we are looking for a KST xover and it is not clear with the month chart

drop down to the 1 month chart and the KST still hasn't xover yet. http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ZNGA&p=D&yr=0&mn=1&dy=0&id=p88568038029

dropped down to 10 days for a better picture.

the above is a good test on how to solve a problem if one occurred as did ZNGA.

Next, I move to the Day trading using the TOS charts. GASX/GAXL, GMCR, SBUX are my cash cows. GASL had a great day yesterday.

Because of my wifes condition, I have to do everything in an orderly fashion. It has to be a very simple process. It takes time to get acclimated in having a little disclipline and patience.

Quilln -

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #111894
Ignore tennisplayer2
2/28/2013 4:43:13 PM

The formula that I use to get the KST crosses to match stockcharts are:

kst daily sma crossed above cema(kst daily sma,9)
kst daily sma crossed below cema(kst daily sma,9)

Quilln, can you check this to see if the above formulas are ok? Thanks.

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #111895
Ignore tennisplayer2
2/28/2013 4:57:47 PM

Quilln,

RE:

"Novice,

DZZ is for long term trading via the MDP.

Unless your guys are playing with some side bar action, Simon gave a buy signal yesterday for DZZ and still is climbing today.

long version....http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=DZZ&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&id=p83597962060
kwik version....http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=dzz&p=15&b=9&g=3&i=p03097103070&a=159176998&r=8510

Quilln -"

On the kwik version (15 min chart), are you looking for the ema13 crossover ema 50? Thanks and I hope that all is well.

novice07054
26 posts
msg #111898
Ignore novice07054
2/28/2013 9:05:36 PM

Thanks, Quilln for the detailed clarification. My understanding of the KST usage was wrong. Very much appreciate your patience for the same. All the best.

leonsf
18 posts
msg #111900
Ignore leonsf
2/28/2013 9:20:42 PM

Hi Quilln,

I still can't get TOS to show the last date as I move the chart. Anyway no biggie, I can always place my cursor on the candle to see the date. Thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it. GBU.

~leon.

ps: I thought the Americans are the ones who drive on the wrong side of the road :))

Quilln
116 posts
msg #111901
Ignore Quilln
2/28/2013 10:20:41 PM

Tennisplay2,

first part:
I'm all wet, is the formula suppose to work as a stand alone. or am I missing something else. Ran it as is and it wasn't working. I don't have access to the realtime services.

second part:
if your referring to the kwik DZZ chart that was posted above, yes we are awaiting for the 13 to drop back down over the 50 for a sale.

Quilln -

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #111902
Ignore tennisplayer2
2/28/2013 10:49:06 PM

Quilln, sorry for the confusion. On stockfetcher, to scan for stocks that has a KST above cross that matches the one on "Stockcharts" , I use the filter below. Sorry I don't know how to make it clickable.

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #111903
Ignore tennisplayer2
2/28/2013 11:20:46 PM

Quilln, I figured out how to make it clickable. This filter will show stocks with the KST crossover that matches the KST on Stockcharts.

Fetcher[kst daily sma crossed above cema(kst daily sma,9)]

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #111904
Ignore tennisplayer2
2/28/2013 11:27:52 PM

Quilln, see if this filter is correct for screening stocks where you trade the KST crossover.

Fetcher[
volume is above 750000
price is between 5 and 60
day change is above 2.5%
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Any swing traders here??<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.