StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hi Y'all ...<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #158461
Ignore marine2
1/25/2022 11:26:14 AM

Looking at it with rose shaded glasses sure we could be in a typical cyclical environment but, things change drastically IF we get into a war with Russia, and China decides to move on Taiwan. What with how our economy is changing along with world relations deteriorating I think cold hard cash might be our only savior in saving our wealth. Let’s just hope Biden and his people use the right kind of diplomacy that will turn Putin around. Let’s hope and pray.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #158462
Ignore karennma
1/25/2022 9:28:19 PM

@ marine2,
Re: "What with how our economy is changing along with world relations deteriorating I think cold hard cash might be our only savior in saving our wealth"
=====================================

And IF your money is devalued and subsequently digitized, holding "cold hard cash" won't do you much good.

James 5:3
"Your gold and silver are corroded. The very wealth you were counting on will eat away your flesh like fire. This corroded treasure you have hoarded will testify against you on the day of judgment.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #158468
Ignore karennma
1/27/2022 5:31:03 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/jeremy-grantham-says-the-current-plunge-in-stocks-looks-like-the-crash-that-triggered-the-great-depression/ar-AATcajE?ocid=msedgntp

Yep.
IMHO, we're at the point of no return.

marine2
963 posts
msg #158473
Ignore marine2
1/29/2022 12:43:21 PM

I did read a positive the other day in “Market Watch” online that showed two charts showing the performance of the market in the “NYSE” and “NASDQ” relative to when the “FEDS” lower interest rates and when they begin raising interest rates. They showed where, in different time periods, these interest rate changes that the markets actually do better % wise when the “FEDS” raise interest rates opposed to lowering interest rates. Those two charts surprised me but made me feel that things will be ok in the markets if rates rise.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #158475
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/29/2022 1:13:51 PM

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #158476
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/31/2022 11:02:42 AM

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #158485
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/31/2022 8:42:56 PM

and more stocks after having re-set are showing up on scans.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #158507
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/1/2022 10:20:17 PM

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #158511
Ignore snappyfrog
2/2/2022 7:29:55 PM

We are at a precarious position. We either break out to the upside
and run or we fail at this resistance area and break out to the
downside through the trend line.

Will be interesting to see what happens here.

marine2
963 posts
msg #158514
Ignore marine2
modified
2/3/2022 12:11:52 PM

Today it looks like SPY is running out of steam and falling back now. Might be a temporary lag or maybe looking to retrace backwards to its previous low. Anyone’s guess at this point since we still have Russia, China, and interest rate hikes to worry about. I guess, keep your powder dry and look for quick opportunities to turn a few dollars into more dollars. Good luck in your investing endeavors.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Hi Y'all ...<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.