StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up<< 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 50 >>Post Follow-up
EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31795
Ignore EWZuber
4/19/2004 1:10:17 AM

TheRumpledOne
I don't believe you. Your intention wasn't to understand anything it was an attempt at ridicule. You asserted that with 20 round trip trades one should be able to build their portfolio by over 4000% ( from $5,500 to $226,296 ). That is so obviously disingenuous I can hardly believe that you are trying to deny it.
About a year ago you posted that you had over $20K in your trading account. According to your own statistics, you should have at an absolute minimum of $820,000 with 20 round trip trades. And more likely have made well more than 20 round trips.
Say you had only 40 RT trades in an entire year, that is not very many.
This should have netted you about $33 Mill.
I don't want to play your silly games, if you feel the need to ridicule or be have the 'best ever' do it with someone else that has more time to play.

wallman
299 posts
msg #31796
Ignore wallman
4/19/2004 6:51:49 AM

Wamphraywater,what i was referring to in the 4-12 post,MOMO,is Momentum,stocks that are almost always news driven and in some caes just create a feeding frenzy for a day or two but that sometimes can just run insane,going 100% or much more in hours,you can find these stocks by just running a volume increase and/or price increase scan,also a scan for "top gainers" of the day will pick up many coming out of a tight like squeeze,ones i found for Monday to keep an eye on at open to see if they start to run again are ADBL BBII BRVO BYCC CYBS FIND IFUE IPYS MRY MYMX PRAN VCMP VION VSTI, imo this method can be risky and should only be used by experianced traders,once entered they must be watched constantly throughout the day,but with huge reward potential involved many times one can make a weeks profits in a few hours,one must just be really careful ....i took equal positions on 2 momo stocks friday,COPY in at .79 closed out at .73 for an 8% loss which is about as far as i let them go and IPYS entered at .885 sold at 1.07 for a 21% gain

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31800
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/19/2004 5:31:11 PM

Come on EWZuber.. this is not even close to what I posted

"You asserted that with 20 round trip trades one should be able to build their portfolio by over 4000% ( from $5,500 to $226,296 )."

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31801
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/19/2004 5:32:27 PM

EWZuber:

You read the chart wrong, after 40 round trips, not 20 ... if you make 10% each time.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31805
Ignore EWZuber
4/20/2004 1:13:49 AM

That makes all the difference.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31809
Ignore EWZuber
4/20/2004 12:48:44 PM

That would only be a mere 2000% then, much more reasonable. ( TIC )

ANCC is up around 70 ~ 75% today. This would seem to indicate that the Convergent Stochastic Theory in this case was a more accurate tool that Stan Weinsteins 30 Week MA.
I had suspected this would be the case but figured I would let the market decide.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31813
Ignore EWZuber
4/21/2004 2:51:30 AM

Yesterday saw a huge jump in the balance of a screen that looks for stocks either crossing into accumulation or distribution on Weekly Charts. The balance tipped heavily towards stocks where the stochastic fast line crossed below the slow line indicating the start of a longer term distribution phase.
With the Daily Chart just starting an accumulation phase it looked like there would be small gains before both Daily and Weekly chart were in phase in distribution when we would likely see a huge drop in the NASDAQ. With the Monthly chart also in distribution this would fuel the drop in the market even more.
Now with Greenbomb announcing a coming increase in the prime rate we may see this Daily Chart accumulation phase severely muted.
The 10 Month MA was tested last month as support at 1896, and it seems likely it will occur again within the next few weeks. 10 MO. MA now @ 1932.
JMHO

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31816
Ignore txtrapper
4/21/2004 8:41:19 AM

EWZuber and Members;

EWZuber 4/20/2004 12:48:44 PM

ANCC is up around 70 ~ 75% today. This would seem to indicate that the Convergent Stochastic Theory in this case was a more accurate tool that Stan Weinsteins 30 Week MA.
I had suspected this would be the case but figured I would let the market decide.
-----------------------------------------------------
Stan Weinstein's Advancing Stage

There are 2 good times to buy: (1) at the point of breakout above resistance and 30-week MA, and (2) when the stock pulls back to MA after the initial rally. Look for rising volume on breakouts. Reward-risk ratio is very favourable at these points. As long as the wild swings and shakeouts on the way up take place above the stock's rising 30-week MA, don't worry - everything is proceeding according to plan and is on schedule for a big profit! If you miss buying a stock at these 2 favourable points, don't get panicky and chase it at late Stage 2. Either buy it right or don't buy it at all. If you have missed a good stock, don't fret about it. Wait for the next great opportunity to come by.

ANCC moved above the WMA(30)with rising volume at $1.17 yesterday on a 3m/d chart and would have become a "buy candidate" using the Weinstein Theory, catching the big move. Perhaps a safer entry than the Convergent Stochastic Theory, don't you think?

TxTrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31817
Ignore txtrapper
4/21/2004 8:45:52 AM

EWZuber and Members;

A more accurate summary of Greenspan's remarks'

Stocks tumble on Greenspan remarks

By Mark Cotton, CBS.MarketWatch.com
Last Update: 4:37 PM ET April 20, 2004

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- U.S. stocks ended sharply lower Tuesday,
tumbling in the last half-hour of trading after Federal Reserve
Chairman Alan Greenspan told the Senate Banking Committee that
deflation was no longer a threat.

Investors interpreted his comments as a sign that inflationary
pressures were picking up in the U.S. economy, which could lead to a
rise in U.S. interest rates sooner rather than later.

Tx

travlr
80 posts
msg #31819
Ignore travlr
4/21/2004 9:09:34 AM

Sometimes, some of you guys remind me of children playing in a sand box fighting over the red plasitic shovel!

Different strategies work well for different traders. There's no useful purpose of crying that your shovel digs any faster. Instead, I personally suppport and respect, intelegent opinion and supposition.

IMO

travlr

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up<< 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 50 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.