StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Taking a poll: your occupation<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55203
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/25/2007 7:36:53 PM

I remodel houses (for the moment). What do you do?

I see 70% of the same people posting and get curious about all of you. What do ya'll do for a living? Where do you live? What average annual ROI do you pull in?

I live in SE Texas and hope to bring in 30% this year. Hope.

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #55204
Ignore msummer2007
9/25/2007 8:17:02 PM

I live in South Florida. I trade full time. Relinquished my full time job about 3 years ago. Was a high school math teacher. Long hours and unruly children drove me to the exits. Love my new career, love the hours, freedom, and especially peace and quiet.

dunamis
18 posts
msg #55207
Ignore dunamis
9/25/2007 9:43:43 PM

I'm a teacher.

I make approx 5% a week. Hoping for more soon!

Dun

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #55277
Ignore oldsmar52
9/27/2007 7:15:49 AM

I'm on the Gulf side of Florida.....am in Federal law enforcement...always have a list of stocks and try to take a look at lunchtime, my only chance. And, since I'm here...this is for betyerbottomdollar: I use the IBD100 also and in another thread you mentioned that you try to buy every IBD100 stock that your filters spit out. What kind of an entry method seems to work best for you, if you'd share?.......................Frank

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55282
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/27/2007 8:40:55 AM

Lots of Floridians. I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale and realized half of the people living in Florida were really from NY, Boston or Philly! But who can blame them when you can get a tan in January living in the sunshine state?

Frank, most of the filters I use are based on price pullbacks. The backtesting results are based on buying the close, so when a stock is picked up by a filter, the close is usually where I place a limit order.

If the stock is more volatile, as in if I can see the lows in the daily candlesticks dip down pretty regularly, I may place the entry order a bit lower. Usually the order is filled...sometimes not. When it doesn't, I skip that stock and wait for the next.

There is simply no way (that I have found) to get in at the absolute bottom of a move and exit at the very top. As long as I can exit in a reasonable amount of time with a few percent more than I started, I don't care if the stock triples three days later. I follow my strategy for beating the market and it works.

Who was it that said, "Bulls and bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"?

Anyway, Frank I hope this helps. The gulf side of FL is nice...waaay nicer than the beaches I live an hour from in TX. We get all the tar balls and trash from the Houston Ship Channel washing up on our beaches. But you gotta love the surprise hurricanes!

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #55299
Ignore petrolpeter
9/27/2007 1:33:09 PM

Pierce/Oshkosh truck:Build shiny new firetrucks.

roheba
20 posts
msg #55304
Ignore roheba
9/27/2007 4:09:48 PM

I'm an analyst in healthcare. Primarily, I model big-dollar contracts between insurance companies and hospitals to facilitate their negotiation process. I do healthcare analytical work during the day, my own investment analysis evenings and weekends. I live in Phoenix. Hot summers, awesome winters (3 months), no spring or fall.

I try for 2% per month. Don't always get it. Occasionally do a little better.

Still working through the SF learning curve. Will contribute when/if I have anything of merit.

jhoffmann
10 posts
msg #55305
Ignore jhoffmann
9/27/2007 4:51:46 PM

I'm a Design Engineer for AMD. You can buy either an Intel processor or an AMD processor in your computer/server. My disclaimer since many people don't know AMD.

I live in Austin but have lived all over the country partially due to 6 years in the Navy as a Navy Nuc BubbleHead. If you know the jargon...that will make sense.

I shoot for a profit. Some years are great with doubles by the first 6 months of the year...some years...not so great. I'm becoming a more disciplined trader that loves options and technical trading and my style seems to be more of a trend/reversal trader.

Dan-o
19 posts
msg #55314
Ignore Dan-o
9/27/2007 9:33:49 PM

Live near Boston. I work for a large financial services firm as junior trader/operations guy. I am subject to firm's trading policy of 30 day hold *groan*.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #55315
Ignore alf44
9/27/2007 9:37:53 PM

I'm the sole heir to a billion dollar Greek ship building empire !

Trading stocks is my hobby !

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Taking a poll: your occupation<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.