StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Taking a poll: your occupation<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55406
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/30/2007 11:01:35 AM

Yeah man, I have no problem sharing my filters. In fact, I listed them all last week.

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/betatest.php?q=view&tid=55102&start=10

Copy and paste that. If that doesn't seem to get you to my post, just scroll down the General Discussion until you see the thread entitled, "Are you trading every stock that your filter returns?" by TheRumpledOne. Second page.

sjjjha
12 posts
msg #55414
Ignore sjjjha
9/30/2007 3:33:51 PM

Systems engineer, from Los angeles, CA.
Trading for long time without any success. can not concentrate because of job, thinking to try full time trading.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #55417
Ignore johnpaulca
9/30/2007 6:02:10 PM

Analytical Chemist from Calgary. Position trading (while working fulltime).
I look for stocks that have crossed below 200ma and build a base, then start to make an upward move. I enter after it crosses 200 ma and re-test that moving average. Pretty safe strategy, works very well if you have the patience. I am also a big fan of jake Bernstein MAC. My filters and strategy are very simple and my returns are yummy.

ladytrader
10 posts
msg #55421
Ignore ladytrader
9/30/2007 6:53:24 PM

Another former teacher. I left at the end of the 05-06 school hear. Ditto the unruly children, long hours, etc. Love the freedom and personal growth opportunities that trading provides!

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #55432
Ignore jrbikes
9/30/2007 11:18:32 PM

Hey Dollar!

I am not into that gay weirdo stuff, its disgusting, social decadance is the ruin of all great societies, or at least the beginning of the end!

I moved to Texas in 1969, so Im here to stay, and I dont like them Georgians that much anyway, but thanks for the pun anyway, I would expect no less from such a seasoned individual as your self! LOL!

I kind of like the Idea of burning Tar balls at night, as long as Im up wind, and as for the seaweed, I guess if Im burning tar balls, I would have to eat that seaweed or die! Im looking for a beach in Mexico or Florida, If I was rich! I would live in Destin Florida, went there on vacation one time with the ^@#$%*&#^^*&()#&$* EX and it was absolutely beautiful!

bielyplafon
42 posts
msg #55438
Ignore bielyplafon
modified
10/1/2007 5:08:18 AM

sjjjha
- Ignore sjjjha 9/30/2007 3:33:51 PM

Systems engineer, from Los angeles, CA.
Trading for long time without any success. can not concentrate because of job, thinking to try full time trading.
-------------------
Check this
http://www.brettsteenbarger.com/trader_performance.htm#If%20I%20Were%20a%20Beginning%20Trader
----------

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55439
10/1/2007 8:51:28 AM

Hey Biely,

I went to that link you posted and found this...

"1) I wouldn't give up my day job quickly - I realize now more than I did as a newbie that only a fraction of traders make money, only a fraction of those continue to make money over time, and only a fraction of those are sufficiently capitalized to make a living from their trading. As I mentioned in a recent blog post, pursuing trading full time before you've developed a track record of success is not a dream; it's a fantasy."

Sure you want to jump in to trading full time before turning a profit?

I trade and work. All it takes is taking the filter matches and setting up the trade before the markets open. Then I let em do their thing. Can do it in 15 minutes a day.

bielyplafon
42 posts
msg #55447
Ignore bielyplafon
10/1/2007 3:53:54 PM

Hi, betyerbottomdollar
my reply was to that guy talking about not trading profitably and thinking about making it full time. Like if I can't drive car slowly lets speed up a litle bit.

sjjjha
12 posts
msg #55450
Ignore sjjjha
10/1/2007 4:46:56 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the link Biely and thanks betyerbottomdollar for your comment.
i am not that bad, i was trying to say not suuceesful by looking at other users comments about making 2% to 10% . steenbarger may be right ,my time frame is not right or my trading style does not fit my time frame.after looking at my past trades if i am in front of charts i have more success.
thanks.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55454
10/1/2007 6:56:48 PM

oops. Now that makes perfect sense. Hahahaha

sincerely,
imadummy

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Taking a poll: your occupation<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.