StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tweezer bottom filter<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
Scoutman
1 posts
msg #44215
Ignore Scoutman
5/26/2006 12:20:35 PM

Does anyone have a tweezer bottom filter?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44229
Ignore nikoschopen
5/26/2006 4:09:32 PM

Fetcher[
set{diff,opcl 1 day ago / opcl}
diff above 2
low equals low 1 day ago
close above 10
]

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44233
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/26/2006 5:34:31 PM

scoutman -

A piece of advice....don't look for stocks with bottoms when the market has already taken off for 2 or 3 days. It's like Kayaking upstream without a paddle.....Also, notice Niko's filter the last few day's only spit out a few stocks? It's because it's missing one important ingredient. The importance of the "tweezers" is not the 2 matching lows....it's the "pattern" of the matching lows. And again....the "tweezers" are NOT a major reversal pattern....they are a moderate reversal pattern. But if the second of the two is an "Inverted Hammer," then you are pretty safe in thinking that a new trend is about to begin.

Hope this helps.

- RIGGS -

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44240
Ignore nikoschopen
5/26/2006 6:10:00 PM

But then again, according to Nison, inverted hammer is the least reliable of all the reverse patterns.

On a different note, my job as a handyman to those in need of help with their filter isn't to unnecessarily add my own opinion but to give them a better sense of how they could write the damn filters on their own.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44241
Ignore nikoschopen
5/26/2006 6:15:06 PM

Oh, I nearly forgot...

Riggs, if ure so supremely qualified to write a "better" filter, ure more than welcome. But stick to what the person asked for in the first place and not give him or her a basket of oranges when s/he asked for an apple.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44242
Ignore nikoschopen
5/26/2006 6:23:42 PM

Scoutman,

In order to find stocks that are knocked down, just add the following line to the above filter.

low reached a new (x-number) day low.

For example, if you wanted to find a stock that reached a new 3-month low within the last 5 days with a tweezer formation:

Fetcher[
count(low reached a new 66 day low,5) above 0
set{diff,opcl 1 day ago / opcl}
diff above 2
low equals low 1 day ago
close above 10
]

Of course, this is just one variation on the theme of all things tweezer.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44245
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/26/2006 7:24:12 PM

"But then again, according to Nison, inverted hammer is the least reliable of all the reverse patterns."

Niko...do you have rocks in your head? Have YOU ever been to a "Nison" workshop? If you did...you would have NOT made such a ridicules statement. The "Inverted Hammer" as a stand alone candle may be viewed as the "least" reliable of reversal candles, but when coupled with 2 or more candles patterns such as "Tweezers" at the BOTTOM of a chart, it is one of the MOST POWERFULL Candlestick reversal patters you will ever see! Hey...stick to want you know best....bashing others and challenging them, only to run and hide!

- THEMIGHTYRIGGS -

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44248
Ignore nikoschopen
5/26/2006 7:38:37 PM

However insistent/persistent you want to be in ure otherwise "yet to be substantiated" belief(s), your empty rhetoric amounts to nothing unless you can show me the proof or the source of such a proof. I can provide you the source from Nison's book, if you prefer.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44249
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/26/2006 7:52:10 PM

Hey Niko....now that we've classified you to be in need of further education....take a look at the daily S&P 500's chart. If you put your Coke bottle glasses on...you can clearly see just what I'm trying to teach you and others alike. On 5/23/06,(this week)the market formed an "Inverted Hammer." The Next day 5/24/06 it formed a near matching low(Tweezer) with a "Doji Star." Guess what happened? That's right stud.....$BOO-YA$!!!!

But someone might ask.....well, the market formed a "Tweezer" also on 5/18 & 5/19. Why didn't the market start then? Why?.....Because there was no "Inverted Hammer" involved! That's the "POWER" I speak of, when it comes to the "Inverted Hammer!" So Niko, the next time you wanna try and outsmart the teacher, you better bring your damn books to class with you!!!!!

PROFESSOR RIGGS ON: Students with mental handicaps!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44250
Ignore nikoschopen
5/26/2006 8:06:48 PM

Please do not resort to ure usual moronic tendency to intentionally deflect the true nature of my question. Since when did Nison specifically stated that inverted hammer was considered significant? If you cannot come up with a verifiable source, don't bothering answering with ure nondescript jibes. You've made mockery out of ureself enough.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tweezer bottom filter<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.